There’s a slight relief for the OnePlus 2 users, who have felt ditched by their OEM when it comes to promised software updates. OxygenOS 3.5.5 for the device has started to roll out over-the-air.
But the situation is still not completely satisfactory. The update is still based on Marshmallow, so if you have been expecting Nougat by this time, then its a no-go right now. We do have our fingers crossed and hope that OnePlus will pay a little more attention to its devices now.
The announcement was made on the OnePlus Forums and the most notable changes are listed below.
- VoLTE support for selected carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimisations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- December Android Security Patch Level
- Increased System Stability
And some other bug fixes..
Majority of these features are worth updating for. If you still haven’t received the OTA notification and yes we know it could be hard task to be patient, then you can just grab the complete system flash-able zip and flash it through stock Oxygen or TWRP recovery.
If you’re not acquainted with the procedure, follow the steps below and you will be having OxygenOS 3.5.5 running on your OnePlus 2 by the end of this article. The method should work on any OnePlus 2 device (rooted or non-rooted), with any version of OxygenOS installed. The data on your device will still be preserved, so don’t worry.
DroidOrigin or its members shall not be held liable for any damage to your device. Proceed only if you know what you’re doing.
Before You Begin
We recommend that you backup your device completely, including the storage, messages, contacts, and apps using the necessary tools. While this update won’t harm any of your data on the device, we still advise you not to take any chances. Also, charge your phone to at least 60% battery level to avoid any interruptions during the process.
Steps To Install OxygenOS 3.5.5
- First off, download the signed flash-able zip of OxygenOS 3.5.5 (OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_026_all_1612220228.zip). Credits to OnePlus forum member Spannaa for uploading the OTA zip.
- Connect your device to the PC in MTP mode and transfer the downloaded zip file to the internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone and power it off completely.
- Reboot your OP2 into recovery mode — Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys until the OnePlus logo shows up. Your device should now be in recovery mode.
- Using TWRP recovery:
- Tap on “Install” button. Browse the storage and select the OTA zip file you have transferred earlier.
- Swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button on the bottom of the screen to start the flashing process.
- Once it is done, tap on “Wipe cache/dalvik” and swipe the confirmation button again.
- Finally, hit “Reboot System“.
- Using Stock Recovery:
- In the main recovery screen, press on “Install from local“. Browse and select the OTA update zip file. To confirm, tap on “Yes“.
- When the procedure is complete, tap on “done“.
- Go to “Wipe data and cache > Wipe cache“, and select “Yes“.
- At last, tap on “Reboot“.
Your OnePlus 2 will now boot in OxygenOS 3.5.5 with much updated features and increased stability.
If you have already installed the update, drop a comment below and let us know about your experience. Has the update provided any jumps in performance and fluidity? Also, when do you think OnePlus will bring Android Nougat to the OP2? Do share with us.
If your friend(s) own a OnePlus 2, don’t forget to share this news with them.