OnePlus has made official, OxygenOS 2.2.0 on OnePlus X!
We have seen the third and the latest mid-range Android smartphone from OnePlus, that never settles – OnePlus X. This phone has lately been a choice for a huge crowd, and has a lot more to offer within the affordable price. Embedding, a Snapdragon 801 chipset powered at 2.3 GHz with Adreno 330 GPU, 5.0-inches full-HD AMOLED display, 3 GB RAM, 13 MP camera with f/2.2 aperture that lets you take high-def shots, LTE capability, and much more, at just a price of INR 16,999.
OnePlus has proved to be consistent when it comes to firmware updates, and has recently released OxygenOS 2.2.0 for the OnePlus X. The roll-out was announced on 25 January, yesterday at the OnePlus forums. The update is based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1, so no Marshmallow for now. The following changes have been mentioned by the team, officially.
- Manual mode for Camera App
- Save to SD card option in Camera App
- USSD bug fix for IndiaAdded dual SIM preferences back in system settings
- OTA App upgrade
- Security patches
- General bug fixes and optimizations
Now, I understand that most of you would not want to wait for the OTA. So we are going to help you manually install OxygenOS 2.2.0 on OnePlus X. We appreciate XDA member – sarthakspiker, for grabbing the update zip, and pompe90 for the mirror download. You need to be on OxygenOS 2.1.3 and completely stock (no root), to install this OTA. Read the instructions below and begin.
Flashing an incompatible update may soft-brick your OnePlus X, so make sure to follow the steps below To-A-T. DroidOrigin shall not be held liable for any damage to your phone. However, we will surely help you out, if you find yourself in any such situation.
Before You Begin
Backup your phone completely, this includes the apps, SMS, contacts, and mainly internal storage. And also, make sure to charge your OnePlus X to at least 60% battery level, so that the phone doesn’t go off during the procedure.
Install OxygenOS 2.2.0 on OnePlus X
- Download the Oxygen OS 2.2.0 OTA zip for the OnePlus X: Link | Mirror #1 | Mirror #2
- Connect your OnePlus X to the PC in MTP mode and copy the update zip (OnePlusOxygen_14_OTA_006-008_patch_201601221550.zip) to the root directory (not in any folder) of the internal storage.
- Disconnect your phone and power it off completely.
- Now press and hold the volume down and power keys until you see the OnePlus logo. Your OnePlus X will now enter stock recovery.
- Choose your language as English, using the power button.
- Go to Install from local. Browse and select the OTA file “OnePlusOxygen_14_OTA_006-008_patch_201601221550.zip“.
- The OTA update process will start and will not take much time. Wait for it to complete and thereafter, you can select Reboot.
That is it! You have just updated and installed OxygenOS 2.2.0 on OnePlus X. The first boot after the update may take a little longer than normal, to optimize apps. Now that you have installed the latest Oxygen OS 2.2.0 on OnePlus X, you can view the tutorial below to root your OnePlus X.
If you have issues while updating, let us know by commenting below.