A new update has surfaced for the OnePlus 2 today. Here, we are going to help you, to install OxygenOS 2.2.1 on OnePlus 2.
The update was announced yesterday on the official OnePlus forums. The following inclusions and changes have been made:
- RAW support in OnePlus Camera
- Bluetooth compatibility improvement
- Ultra SIM compatibility improvement
- GMS 3.0 upgrade
- Improvement for roaming issues
- Fix for occasional image corruption issue in OnePlus Camera
- Security patch update
- Romanian language support
RAW support is definitely a big plus, with other minor improvements, which makes OxygenOS more and more reliable on the OP2. The update has already rolled out to a huge bunch of users, but it might take some time to reach every corner.
So, we have just grabbed the OTA package, for manual installation, and we are going to help you do just the same. To manually flash this OTA, your device needs to be on OxygenOS 2.2.0. So no more wait!
You can install this OTA either using the Stock or TWRP recovery.
Manually flashing OTA package only works for non-rooted and stock users. DroidOrigin shall not be held liable for any damage to your OnePlus 2. However, if you come across any such situation, we will help you get through it.
Before You Begin
Make sure you have taken a complete backup of your device, including internal storage, messages, contacts, and everything else that you feel necessary. Also, charge your OnePlus 2 to at least 60% battery level, to avoid any shutdowns during the process, which in-turn may soft-brick your device.
Install OxygenOS 2.2.1 on OnePlus 2
- Download OxygenOS 2.2.1 OTA package: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip (Thanks to OnePlus forum member – spannaa)
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable and transfer the OTA zip file to the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device now and power it off completely.
- Now, boot into recovery (stock or TWRP) mode – Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the OnePlus logo. Your phone will now be in recovery mode.
- In Stock Recovery:
- Tap on ‘Install from local’. Browse and select ‘OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip’.
- Select ‘Yes’, when prompted.
- When the flashing is done, tap on ‘done’.
- Now, go to ‘Wipe data and cache’ > ‘Wipe cache’, and select ‘Yes’.
- Finally, select ‘Reboot’.
- In TWRP Recovery:
- Go to ‘Install’. Browse and select ‘OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip’. Now swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button.
- Once the flashing is done, tap on ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. Again, swipe the button.
- Finally, tap on ‘Reboot System’.
- That’s it! You have just manually installed OxygenOS 2.2.1 on OnePlus 2. If you have queries, or feel yourself stuck anywhere, let us know via the comments.
Do you own a OnePlus X? These might be helpful for you: