MAKING IT EASIER FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY TO USE MESSENGER
We recently discussed Instagram offering multiple account support and also Parallel Space app, which could do something similar. But it seems that more and more Android app-developers are taking this fantastic step into consideration. So today, Facebook developers have finally enabled multiple accounts on Facebook Messenger.
The feature has been rumoured and made its way through the beta testing phase since a few weeks. And now they have finally made it official in their latest update. Inclusion of this feature doesn’t mean that your multiple accounts would be unified and accessed as one. Facebook has circumvented this situation and included appropriate privacy controls. So, you will be able to view the number of unread messages for the secondary account, but won’t be able to read them. To do so, you will first have to switch to the corresponding account and then you are good to go. So, its a win-win situation for all.
How to switch Multiple Accounts on Facebook Messenger
Now that you know about the feature, you can enable it using the following steps.
The feature should be server-side triggered, so you might have to wait for it to activate. We do hope that Facebook will release a specific update for this, so keep yourself updated on the Play Store, and don’t mind keeping an eye on APKMirror for direct APK download, when and if its available.
- Now, go to Facebook Messenger from your app drawer and navigate to the Settings (“Gear” icon).
- Scroll down and open Accounts. This is where all your logged-in accounts will be visible.
- Tap on the “+” icon on the top-right of the app-window.
- You will be prompted to log-in, so enter your details. Further, select “Require a password when switch to this account“, if you want to preserve your privacy. If you want easy switching, you can just unselect the option right-away.
- Your account will now be added instantly. To switch between your accounts, go Settings > Accounts, and tap on the account that you want to switch to.
Wow! This is awesome, the multiple account support is steadily coming to my favourite apps. Tell us how you feel about this feature, via the comments. I do hope to see the same for WhatsApp, do you?