Let us help you install Android Marshmallow on YU Yutopia via unofficial CM13 ROM.
The first high-end and claimed “Most Powerful Phone on the planet” by YU, is the Yutopia. The phone has offered a first class hardware – 5.2-inches WQHD LCD display, Snapdragon 810 Quad-core 2.0 GHz processor, Adreno 430 GPU, 32 GB internal storage, 4 GB RAM, a 21 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash and optical image stabilisation technology, Bluetooth v4.1 low-energy module, Fingerprint sensor, and much more.
Visit the official Yu Yutopia website for more information.
Though the phone lacks the latest USB Type-C support, but its config almost matches to that of the famous Nexus 6P, which also makes it a decent contender to other high-end Android smartphones. The best part about the phone is its affordable price – INR 24,999, which quite resembles the price of the Nexus 5X.
YU Yutopia comes with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but has still not seen the face of the latest Android update. While the time for the update is still unknown, Santhosh M at XDA forums has already compiled a build from Cyanogen sources. CM13 is now available unofficially. Being at its initial stage, the build works just fine for daily usage.
Except, there are two issues that we would like to highlight – Music playback via stock player, and fingerprint sensor. We are aware that the fingerprint sensor configuration is of high importance, and would definitely be fixed soon. Taking the music playback issue into consideration, playback still works with third-party music players like VLC, PowerAMP, etc.
Installing a custom ROM will break your device’s warranty. DroidOrigin will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Backup your Yutopia completely. Including your internal storage, SMS, contacts, apps, etc.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 60% battery level.
- Your phone should have an unlocked bootloader.
- TWRP must be installed on your YU Yutopia for ROM flashing.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled. We will use ADB to reboot into recovery mode.
CyanogenMod 13 for YU Yutopia: Link
Install Android Marshmallow on YU Yutopia
- Download the latest ROM and GApps zip files from above.
- Now transfer both the ROM and GApps to the root directory of the device storage by connecting it to the PC via USB cable.
- Open a command-line window on your PC, and enter the command below to reboot the phone to TWRP recovery mode. Make sure that your phone is connected to the PC via USB cable.
adb reboot recovery
- Disconnect your phone once you see the TWRP recovery screen.
- Tap on the Wipe tab and then on Advanced Wipe.
- Check the following checkboxes: Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache.
- Swipe the button on the bottom to start the wiping process.
- Now, go to Install, and select the ROM zip (e.g. cm-13.0-20160114-UNOFFICIAL-sambar.zip) file. Tap on Add More Zips and select the GApps zip file now.
- Swipe the button again on the bottom to start the flashing process.
- It will almost take a minute to complete, so wait and just observe.
- Once it is done, tap on Reboot System.
That is it! You have just installed Android Marshmallow on YU Yutopia via CyanogenMod 13, which is available unofficially through XDA forums. If you come across any situation where you feel yourself stuck, you can comment down below.